Create your own glamorous smokey eye makeup story that’s right on trend this New Year’s Eve with a metallic shimmery eye embellished with glitter contrasting with a clean lip on glossy, gleaming skin.
Taking inspiration from MAC Cosmetics AW14 On Reflection trend, MAC Senior Artist Gisel Calvillo shows you how to get this look in 7 easy steps!
Pencil Brush #219; Blending Brush #217; Eye Shader Brush #239
- Start with a good foundation: moisturize skin, use a light base and concealer, blending for a natural finish; moisturize lips.
- Using Smolder Eye Kohl line the eyes starting thinner at the inner corner and going thicker on the outer corner; a pencil brush to smudge, keep the colour darkest at the lashes and lighter as you push it up and out . Add Blacktrack Fluidline to create intensity, building density on the outer corners; it’s a great product to use in the humid Caribbean weather as it stays firmly in place.
Tip: follow the natural symmetry of the eye as guide for the ‘wings’ on the outer corner.
- Working on top of the black liner base, add Silver Ring Eye Shadow (a grey silver sheen) using a blending brush, placing in the inner corner, under the eyeline and on the eyelid, smudging it around and blending well.
- Using Typographic Eye Shadow (a matt darker grey), apply with an eye shader brush, working it from the outer crease to the outer corner.
Tip: apply colour lightly, building up slowly, layer by layer, blending neatly and effortlessly as you go.
- Add Moth Pressed Pigment (a mauve, silver pearl) with an eye shader brush as a highlight, pressing it into the crease and blending out.
- Using Black Grape Pressed Pigment (a deep, glittery aubergine) on to the crease, patting in carefully as you blend out to avoid excess flecks of glitter.
Tip: when using glittery pigment, remove excess glitter on the face and under the eyes with a small piece of tape!
- Finish the eye with several coats of Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash mascara.
- Complete the look with a clean lip using only a hint of concealer; add a dash of gloss for a little added gleam if wanted.
Want some tips on applying foundation and base to your skin so it looks flawless and feels like you have nothing on? Gisel shares her advice on getting that ‘no-makeup makeup’ look effortlessly:
Products available from MAC Cosmetics stores throughout the Caribbean.